This Wealth of Writing article will provide you with a very basic checklist for what you need to build an home business affiliate website, or any website for that matter. In time I will populate the list below with links to articles explaining each part of this process.
- Choose a Subject Focus – Know very clearly what your website will be about. Know its subject, what the content will be, what niche it is. What sub-niche/s it covers.
- Choose a Domain – Brainstorm keywords and phrases and come up with a selection of names that are available. Choose one. Buy it.
- Choose a Host – You need to select a company that can provide you with storage for your website. Be aware pricing for personal websites differs from a commercial website (they WILL check)
- Install your CMS of choice – This is the software that makes your website for you. WordPress is the most popular. Your host package should make it easy for you to install it.
- Start adding content – This will depend on whether you are blogging or selling products